I want to make a sort of permanent gallery of the #paintmechickenpants project. Instagram tends to be impermanent by it’s very nature, so here’s a more secure space. I’ll try and post them in more or less chronological order. These portraits were originally posted on @chickenpantsbetween December 12-21 2017.
Looking for part one / more info on this project?Over here!
And here’s Archie with his portrait. I love this!
This photo was taken by Archie’s human Melissa, who by the way, is an awesome artist who paints pugs! Check out her work at Pugnotes.com!
Here’s Katsu with his portrait:
Photo by Mydeardarling. Oh, how I love these photos of the dogs with their portraits! (OH, and speaking of MyDearDarling – she makes the cutest plush penguins!)
Two portraits for @rlgrealish
Which answers the question of: “Can I add more than one dog to the #paintmechickenpants hashtag?” Yes. Yes you can. (I may or may not get to it, but I totally welcome it!)
Two pugs in one painting for@Grumblerumble3:
Which answer the question of “Can you paint two dogs in one portrait?” Yes! But! I have to work on a larger surface, and the cost increases because it takes a good deal longer. But it’s worth it, I think.
Quite a bit of artistic license went into this portrait for @Voodoopup:
And it’s one of my favorites.
@Littlepacificbug submitted a wonderfully untraditional photo, so I answered with an untraditional portrait:
This dreamy portrait of two sleepy pups was for Matt D:
And finally, if you’d like to participate and possibly get your pet painted by me, here’s how:
– On Instagram, tag your photo with #paintmechickenpants (No Instagram? That’s ok. You can also email me the photo. I’m claire at chickenpants dot com) Please also @ me (@chickenpants) so I have a better chance of seeing your post. It’s getting crazy in there!
– You’re not obligated to buy the final piece, but you can if you want! 5x7s start at just $30 + shipping. First dibs go to the pet owner. If you pass, it will likely be listed for sale to the general public.
– Submitting a photo is not a guarantee that it will be painted. I’m only one person, and the queue is getting long!
– Priority is given to those who let me know they are interested in buying their portraits.
– If you’d like to skip the line, you can pre-pay and get the next spot available! Email me for details. (claire at chickenpants dot com)